Monday, April 13, 2009

If It's To Be It's Up To Me!


Yesterday was such a beautiful day,the sun was shining and yet there was a cool breeze blowing,which is not unusual as we live by the beach.

This morning, I was woken up by the sound of coconut trees flapping,dogs howling,internal doors slamming...a storm is fast approaching...another beautiful day! Anybody can relate to these extremes in the weather(especially if you live in London!),but not everyone can understand that it is synonymous with life.

Life means different things to different people.To some it is exciting,full of opportunities,a joy to be a part of,and yet to others it is boring,monotonous,stressful and sad...but it doesn't have to be this way...

I remember my late teens and early twenties,a period when it is not unnatural to rebel,a period where everyone is to be blamed for all your travails...except you.

I remember feeling so angry and helpless.Other people's behaviour and decisions seemed to determine my reactions,my choices,my life...it wasn't fun,and it got me thinking...and think I did.

That was when my quest for the meaning and purpose of life began.That was when I began to wonder why some people were more successful than others.That was when I realized that wealth and formal education were totally unrelated.That was when I realized that so many people were just going through the motions of living,but were barely alive.That was when I started to read....and read..and read.

Man has never had so much access to literature on Success,Wealth,Life,Happiness etc.,and yet man has never been so poor,so in debt,so at a loss for what to do...and yet it doesn't have to be like this...but it will be like this until you realize that;you are the architect of your own destiny,you are in the driver's seat of your life,that you determine your present...and your future!

If It's To Be It's Up To Me!

Yes,I know,I know..this is such a cliche!But what can I do about that, when it's so true?
Read it again..If It's To Be It's Up To Me!

What does this saying do?It empowers you immediately.It gives you control of you.It reaffirms the belief that God is not arbitrary.It gives you hope.It let's you know that nature is neutral.It means that you are a storehouse of potential waiting to be released.It means it is not too late,no matter your age,or your circumstance to become all that you can be!

I can hear some people already..'yes Shade, it's all well and good','there's a recession','I live in England,it's not easy',I live in America,the system','I live in Africa,there's corruption,famine...'

These are age old excuses,and if you take the time to check,similar excuses have been made since before biblical times!

Start today!Take the following steps,and you will be on your way to the life you were meant to live!

*Get a pen and a piece of paper and write down all the things you want right now.Make sure you write them in the present tense,and put today's date on it.You must write,do not do it in your head!Do it today!
For example, 'I own a beautiful house in Tobago,by the beach',try and cut out a picture of such a house,and put it where you can see it!Trust me,it works!

*Write down where you are now,and what you need to get where you want to be.Do not be afraid to write,even if you don't have a red cent now!

*Determine something on your list that you can do today,even if it's only to read up on the Internet on a particular subject,and do something everyday towards attaining your goals.Once you start nature will rise up and come to your aid in ways you might not right now be able to envisage!

*Determine to think and speak only in positive terms.Keep away from negative people,negative news,and negative situations.Make a concerted effort to do this!

*Focus on what you have,and what is surely coming to you!

*Read!Read!Read!Read up on successful people,read articles on positive thinking,just keep reading and believe....

Whether the sun is shining or rain is falling in your part of the world right now does not matter,what matters is your attitude towards it.One way or the other it's a beautiful day!It just depends on how you decide to look at it...and the same goes for life.

Hold on firmly to the steering wheel of your life,take control and remember....


You Can Do It!

5 comments:

  1. Nice one Shade...very inspiring and motivating. Looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April took my words here....well done coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kayode..I hope that means 'positively' interesting!

    ReplyDelete